Information you provide to us
Chiry collects and stores the following types of information:
- Account Sign-up and Profile Information: Whether you are a Client or a Provider, to create a Chiry account you may be asked to provide some basic information such as your first and last name, email address, mobile phone number, gender, ethnicity, date of birth, payment information, a copy of identification documentation (i.e., a valid driver’s license or identification card), password and a profile photo.
- Location Information: To help connect Clients and Providers, Chiry may ask for your current location by asking you to provide a current address or requesting access to your location data, including GPS location data.
- Medical Information: To better serve you as a Client, you may be asked to provide information related to your current and past medical history (personal and family) and personal health and fitness goals.
- Professional Information: If you are a Provider, you may be asked to provide information relating to your profession such as your profession type, specialties within your profession, professional license or certification information, liability and malpractice insurance information, your National Provider Identifier (NPI), tax information, or other information relating to your profession.
- Background Check and Identity Verification. We collect background check and identity verification information of Providers. This may include information such as discipline history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on Chiry’s behalf.
Information collected automatically
The technologies and information we automatically collect include:
- Cookies and other similar technologies: We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our Chiry Platform. We use both session and persistent cookies: a session cookie disappears after you close your browser; a persistent cookie remains after you close your browser (although it can be removed) and may be used by your browser to identify you on subsequent visits to the Chiry Platform. We may also use, collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms. Like many services, Chiry uses these technologies to tailor the Chiry Platform for you, and to help the Chiry Platform work better for you - for example, by remembering your language preferences.
- Device information: We collect device-specific information such as your operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers. This helps us measure how the Chiry Platform is performing, improve Chiry for you on your particular device, and send you push notifications if you’ve opted in to receive them.
- Log information: When you use our Chiry Platform, we collect and store certain information in our server logs. Examples include things like:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your activity on the Chiry Platform, and the frequency and duration of your visits to the Chiry Website or Chiry App (similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show)
- IP Address
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL
- This information helps us make decisions about what we should work on next.
How does Chiry use the information it collects?
Chiry does not give, sell or rent any of your personally identifiable information to any third party for advertising or marketing purposes. Targeted advertising is not permitted on the Chiry Platform. We use the information we collect from you to provide you with the best Chiry experience. More specifically, this information is used to:
- Provide and improve the Chiry Platform
- Connect Clients with Providers to provide services
- Respond to your requests for information or customer support
- Customize the Chiry Platform for you, and improve your experience with it
- Send you information about new features and Chiry products we believe you may be interested in
- Determine general health related trends
- Most crucially, to protect our community by using reasonable efforts to keep the Chiry Platform safe and secure
Will Chiry share any information it collects?
- Client Data: The Chiry Platform may share basic data provided by Clients with Providers that are individually selected by the Clients to provide selected services.
- Provider Data: The Chiry Platform may share basic data provided by Providers with Clients to facilitate selection of Providers by Clients for selected services.
- Third-party integrations on our Chiry Platform: When, as a Client or a Provider, you use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Chiry Platform, they may receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you invite others to the Chiry Platform via Facebook or Twitter, these services receive the information that you share through this functionality, and information that you are sharing from Chiry. Information collected by these apps, websites or integrated services is subject to their own terms and policies.
- Analytics Services: We use analytics services, including mobile analytics software, to help us understand and improve how the Chiry Platform is being used. These services may collect, store and use information in order to help us understand things like how often you use the Chiry Platform, the events that occur within the Chiry Platform, usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded.
- Aggregated Information and Non-Identifying Information: We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with users, partners or the press in order to, for example, demonstrate how Chiry is used, spot industry trends, or to provide marketing materials for Chiry. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
- Change of control: In the event that all or a portion of Chiry or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party, including in connection with any reorganization, restructuring or bankruptcy proceeding, personal information that we have collected from Clients and Providers may be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by that third party.
- With your consent: Other than the cases above, we won’t disclose your personal information for any purpose unless you consent to it. Additionally, as discussed above, we will never sell or rent your personal information to advertisers or other third parties.
How does Chiry protect and secure my information?
Your Chiry account is protected by a password. You can help us protect against unauthorized access to your account by keeping your password secret at all times.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We work hard to protect our community, and we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure of or access to personal information. In particular:
- We periodically review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems
- We develop and implement features to keep your personal information safe - for example, when you enter any information anywhere on the Chiry Platform, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL/TLS) by default
- We ensure passwords are stored and transferred securely using encryption and salted hashing
- We automatically delete inactive users accounts after a specific period of time, as per our retention policy. However, some personal data may be stored after an account is deleted to comply with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Although we make concerted good faith efforts to maintain the security of personal information, and we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our systems, no practices are 100% immune, and we can’t guarantee the security of information. Outages, attacks, human error, system failure, unauthorized use or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. If we learn of a security breach, we will attempt to notify you electronically (subject to any applicable laws) so that you can take appropriate protective steps; for example, we may post a notice on our homepage (https://chiry.app) or elsewhere on the Chiry Platform, and may send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on applicable laws, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Can I opt-out of providing information?
You can always decline to share personal information with us, or even block all cookies. However, it’s important to remember that many of Chiry’s features may not be accessible, or may not function properly - for example, we may not be able to remember your language preferences for you.
How can I access and manage my personal information?
Chiry aims to provide you with easy access to any personal information we have collected about you. If that information is incorrect, we give you easy ways to update it, or to delete it, unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
- Accessing Your Information: Upon request, Chiry will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information, and, if you are a user of Chiry, you may request access to all your personal information we have on file by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we won’t be able to guarantee complete access due to legal restrictions. We may not be able to fulfill requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort or would be extremely impractical.
- Updating Your Information: You may update or correct some of your profile information or your preferences at any time by logging into your account on Chiry and accessing your account settings page. You may have to verify your identity before you can do that. You may also, at any time, update or correct, certain personal information that you have provided to us by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active content, users that have previously accessed the content may still have access to old copies cached on their device or may have copied and stored your content. In addition, we may retain a backup copy of the prior version for a limited period of time or for legal purposes.
How can I delete my account?
We hope you love using Chiry now and always. However, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you can do that at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you delete your account, we delete your profile information and any other content you provide in your profile (such as your name, username, password, email address, and profile photos). Information that you have shared with others, others have shared about you, or content other users may have copied and stored, is not part of your account and may not be deleted when you delete your account. Furthermore, some personal data may be stored after your account is deleted to comply with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
How long does Chiry keep information about me?
We store your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide products and Services to you and others, including those described above and to comply with the requirements of HIPAA. Personal information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services, in which case we may delete it prior to you deleting your account.
What communications will I receive from Chiry?
If you registered on the Chiry Platform, provided an email or phone number to us, or otherwise opted-in to receive communications from us, we may send you messages and updates regarding your account, including privacy and security notices, updates regarding the Chiry Platform, and information regarding products, features or services from Chiry. These communications may include, but are not limited to, social media updates, SMS/MMS messages, push notifications, email, and postal mail. If you have an account with us, we’ll also use your email address to contact you for customer service purposes, or for any legal matters that arise in the course of business.
If you invite another person to join you on Chiry by providing their email address, phone number, or other contact information, we may contact them regarding the Chiry Platform using the appropriate form of communication. If they would prefer not to receive our communications, they may opt-out using the “STOP” instructions contained in those communications.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us if your device supports it. We use this confirmation to help us understand which emails are most interesting and helpful. You can always unsubscribe from receiving any of our email or other communications whenever you’d like by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any Chiry email.
Social Media Features/Widgets
How will Chiry notify me of changes to this policy?
What if I’m not in the U.S.?
SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Law SB 27, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties, if any, with whom we have shared information about you for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com and please include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, address and email address. We will respond to you within thirty days of receiving such a request.
Our Policy Toward Children.
The Chiry Platform and related services are not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 18 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
How can I contact Chiry with questions?